Monday, August 31, 2009

My Speech Tomorrow


So, tomorrow is my first speech to an entire school. I've given some self-introduction speeches to teachers' rooms and small groups of students, but to the entire school!!? I will admit that I am pretty worried. :)


I wanted to put up my speech here, because I think its funny that I write in half Japanese lettering, and half Roman letters. My mind just isn't quick enough to do one or the other. Honestly, the Japanese is a lot easier for me in some parts. But not in others.


**I also wanted to make sure you know that they only want me to speak in Japanese to the assembly because they know I can. If I had never studied Japanese, I would be giving this in English, with maybe just the "Good Morning" and "nice to meet you" in Japanese. I put this disclaimer in, because if any of you friends who don't speak Japanese want to apply for the JET program, you totally should. I would say that 1/4 of the JETs here have never studied any Japanese for even 5 minutes in their life. And they're doing fine. Just try to study some when you're here, for sure! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment