Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Hottest Day Ever (relatively speaking)


So, right now it is 10:30 at night, and I have all my windows open, and I am literally sweating all over my computer. I mean literally, I just wiped it down. I know it was hotter when I got here, but when I got here I used my air conditioning whenever I was at home.

For 3 days now, I have been on a no-air-conditioning kick. I just heard from various people how expensive it is here, from Japanese and foreigners, and I am pretty hardstruck until I get my first paycheck here, so no-airconditioning for me.

One thing is that I found these really cute little (little little) cans of drink today...10 for 560.00 Yen, which is about $5.99 (?). Great deal for Japan. So I bought the 10, thinking this would be a great cool-er-off'er escape thing. Drink One per day as my treat, and I'll be set without airconditioning. Well, I bought them today, and 4 are already gone. haha. and I hate my life without airconditioning. No, I love it here, but yeah...

I know it is MORE expensive here, but now I feel bad for all the times that I SNUCK the air condiditioning 'on' at home. My parents always said "79 degrees! Only use the air if it goes above 79 degrees!" and Whenever I could I'd put it to about 75. Sorry Mom and Dad, I feel your pain. 79 degrees is freaking cooooooooooooooooool. I was spoiled. Even when I lived in Vietnam I was spoiled, because air was part of rent, if I remember correctly.

BTW, for those of you that REALLY REALLY REALLY know me...I have to let you know that the closest I've ever gotten to Sprite here is Canada Dry-Ginger Ale. If I ever see a real Sprite, I will not only screw the air-conditioning, I'll give up my apartment for 2 months, just to pay for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment