Sunday, August 2, 2009

All Roads Lead to Saty




Okay, well the title of this post is an inside joke for me and the 5 Americans who have ever spent any time in Hofu! hehehe.
So with all my free time, me and my friend Christina (she is the 1 other JET in the city, teaching at the schools that I am not teaching at), go exploring the city. We ride, ride, ride our bikes like there is no tomorrow.

At first we were really concerned about getting lost. I don't know my address yet (I will memorize it tonight!) We just didn't want to be the foreigners who become stranded and afraid. BUT we quickly realized that from 90% of the city, SATY can be spotted, and we know how to get home from SATY. Oh, by the way, Saty is a 4 story mall with lots of things you could want. I say lots, and not all, because I couldn't get an ethernet cord in there. Luckily the computer teacher at my school very very graciously gave me one for free, and thus I'm able to be doing this blog. Saty reminds me of an inside swap meet for rich people. There is also a theatre on the 3rd floor, where next week I'm going to be seeing GI Joe. Hopefully in English. :)

Don't worry, lots more pictures to come. I can't do all my blogging in one night. Coming soon: Pictures of my apartment, my city, and the amazing Hofu Tengmangu Shrine that we stumbled upon, and much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment