Tuesday, September 1, 2009

SHHHoes... ;)

This morning I had my opening ceremony speech in front of the entire school. I think it went well. I actually think that it went smoother than most of my practices in front of the mirror. Lets just say that everyone understood my Japanese. :)

Well, we walked from the teachers room, downstairs, and accross an outdoor corridor to the auditorium where the ceremony was being held. Since we started in the teachers room, of course I was wearing my indoor shoes. It was perfectly appropriate to walk accross to the auditorium in these shoes. We changed into slippers provided once inside the gym.

So the last hour of the ceremony was just the head guy checking every single students style and dress. Making sure, one student at a time, that shirts were tucked in, skirts were to the knee, hair styles were not "silly"...so I was given permission/told to go hang out in the teachers room rather than endure the bordom in the hot gym.

So I walked back through the corridor, and like I have done EVERYDAY for over a month...I changed my shoes before going into the main part of the school.

So I don't know if you followed that...but without realizing it, I was wearing my OUTDOOR shoes, indoors, all day. Like: I didn't need to change my shoes, because I was already in my indoor shoes.

Now, 6 hours later, I looked down and with dread thought... "why am I wearing these shoes?" Darn auto-pilot. I'm really glad no one noticed, but I'm still embarassed...that is such a big thing here.

No comments:

Post a Comment