Sunday, August 30, 2009

Mexican Food Night

So I'm trying desperately to clean out my desk at school. There are papers there from JETS like 4 years ago, and probably longer. There are 50 + textbooks,...I can't imagine even using 5 of them. I got frusterated, and just started throwing stuff away. I mean look... Who needs 3 fly swatters at their desk? 3? And I'm sorry, but I can't handle a Canadian flag chilling under my desk for a year. My co-workers got all anxious, and I apparently it would be best to save the flag, because "maybe the next JET will be Canadian". So I did what I could, and everyday I will secretly throw away a little more....

After a day of trying to tidy a desk...with nothing else to do...I really needed some Mexican food.







Here I am, waiting at the Station for my train to take me to Shin-Yamaguchi station, where I'm meeting my friends for Mexican food. I took this picture because the train was late!!!!!!! That just does not happen in Japan. The train was 6 minutes late!!! Some kind of announcement was made, but I couldn't understand it. Maybe someone died. Thats all I can think of that would make a train late here in Japan...











The owner of this restaraunt was Japanese, but had lived in L.A. for 10 years, so he knew what was up with Mexican. It was really good. We ordered chips and Salsa, and it came with like 5 chips and that little bucket of salsa I'm holding. And Hozumi to my right is holding our nachos. Not very many, but REALLY good, with real cheese.






Ryan was definitely digging the hot sauce on his tacos and enchiladas. I really liked this place, and besides the portion size and price..I think I may just go here every week. :) Its only 3 stops away by train, and will just make me so happy.

I don't think Ryan, Kholo, Hozumi and Brent will wanna go every time though. I have to rotate friends. :)











After eating Mexican food...we walked around for a while. We got ice cream (well I got bananas...which in retrospect is weird...they all got ice cream and I got bananas. But they were a GOOD price!)

There was not much to do around Shin-Yamaguchi station, so we just made our own fun.

Kholo and I are having some fun for the picture. The rest of the group refused to act so childish. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment