Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Early Start to an Early Day

This morning I had to be at school a little earlier than usual, because today is actually a school day. The students all have to come to school two days during summer break. Today is one of the days, which means that I had my first morning teachers meeting. (I will have it everyday while school is in session). This is the first time all the teachers were together, so I had to give my welcome speech thing.

I think it went down well. It was a good length, about 3 minutes in Japanese. When I said "My favorite pasttime is playing videogames, and my favorite video game is Final Fantasy" I proceeded to sing the Victory song from the game, which cracked everyone up.

Afterwards (about 10 minutes ago) the kids had homeroom, and then CLEANING TIME! Every student at the school cleaned the school for about 15 minutes. Here in the teachers room, about 15 uniformed (of course!) schoolkids came in vacuuming around my feet, emptying all the trashcans, wiping everything down. Wow, we should really institute this in the United States! (sorry to any janitors that would lose their jobs).

1 comment: