Saturday, August 8, 2009

Festival night 3 continued...













































Left: the candles were sooooooo beautiful.

Below:
I had one of these...its a "Hot dog"on a stick, wrapped in thin egg omelet, doused in ketchup and mayonnaise. Japanese and mayonnaise...I definitely don't get it. They seem to like Mayonnaise on fries, noodles, everything.
I know this one will be really hard to hear/see, but maybe you can get some idea of what it was like to be there.

The rapping was really interesting because there were a bunch of crazy teenagers there that were goth, or dressed with mini-skirts and piercings, and people with all different color hair, and gangster looking people.
And then there were also, in the same place, girls dressed in very traditional kimono's, also dancing along to the rap. There were old people, young people, and people from around the country. (I know because there was a spot in the rap where they said "HOFU" and put the mic up so everyone from there could scream, and "SHIMONOSEKI"...scream.... "TOKYO"....sream, etc etc.

I know you can't tell from the video, but it was definitely one of the coolest things I've witnessed here. I tried so hard to get a picture of the girls in traditional kimono dancing next to the scantily dressed, peirced-up emo people, but there was never a good opportunity, where it wouldn't look like I was gawking.



No comments:

Post a Comment