Wednesday, March 3, 2010

80's Party




Last Saturday we had an AJET event. AJET I think is, Association of JETs...hahah I don't know, but it is our social network here in Yamaguchi. Each prefecture has their own AJET.

So they planned an 80's themed event, and it was fun, for sure! I am sure that I will never be able to wear those socks or that scroongie in my hair again, but it was fun.

Here's Brooke, me, and Zile.




Brooke, Rachel, Amy, and Callie did a good job at staying on the dance floor all night. Most of the 15-20 people that showed up for the party just sat back and took advantage of the Nomihoudai (2 hours of all you can drink).

Amy there, by the way, won best dancer AND best dressed! I was vying for best dancer for the first 20 minutes or so, but gave up.



I promise more people danced than this. hehe. I just obviously didn't have my camera ready at the right times.
This all went down at a Salsa Club type bar place in Kokura (which is on a whole other island from where I live! I live at the tip of the main island, so it only takes me about an hour and a half to train it to the southern most island).
And finally, here is some of the crew leaving after a long night of partying and after-partying. Not that long of a night actually. We had to take the last train back up to the main island, which is around midnight.

Many JETs just stayed out all night and took the FIRST train back up at around 5am. I am not hard-core like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment