Sunday, March 14, 2010

山口 means Mountain Mouth


So there is Japan! (Except for Okinawa! I didn't forget you Okinawa!). You can see my prefecture over at the bottom left corner of the main island. Yamaguchi Prefecture!! The items in parenthesis are what each prefecture is famous for. So my prefecture is famous for Blowfish! "Fugu" desu. I finally tried Blowfish/Fugu for the first time at my graduation party. It had a very distinctive flavor. No one at the table knew it Fugu (deep fried) until they bit into it. I'm glad that I didn't take the first bite, because I appreciated being told what it was before I ate it.

But I did try it, and I did like it. I do not know how to describe the flavor, other than that once you try it, you will always know what it tastes like. And no, it did not poison me. I'm still alive. Thank you for wondering. :) If there really is a danger to eating it, Yamaguchi prefecture would be the safest place on Earth to eat it...

Yamaguchi Prefecture is pretty cool. Pretty cool. Countryside, probably. But cool countryside.


Yamaguchi!!!!
山 口 !!!

(As you can see, Yamaguchi also has the easiest Kanji out out any prefecture in Japan...)

No comments:

Post a Comment