Saturday, May 8, 2010

Additional Birthday-time photos

This post is just a few additions to my original birthday post. Above: The actual day of my birthday, I was luckily at my base school! I don't think I would've gotten a cake if I wasn't! :) It was a total surprise that my co-workers remembered my birthday. I almost went out to lunch early, but I'm really glad I stayed, because out of nowhere, the whole teachers room broke out into the "Happy Birthday" song. I think I did cry. Or got really close. It was just so unexpected and sweet. Those are two of the JTEs that I work with (Japanese Teachers of English).


Above is a pic from our walk to Tokiwa park--the place we went the day after my joint birthday party with Brent. It was actually part of Whitney and Brooke's joint birthday party, but I'm still putting it up, because it was right around my birthday too! But yes, officially, not for me :) . So many April birthdays!!

Above-- I miss Hanami/Sakura season :( It was really like a dream,
or like I was on the set of Avatar or something!





Tokiwa park was not only full of Sakura blossom trees, but also many modern sculptures and other works of art.

















And the next two are pictures taken from the ferris wheel that I rode with Monica and Mike. I got too cocky in it, saying "I'm not afraid of heights" because it got a bit scary up there, in the rusted compartment!















You can see the sea! As I read in one of my students essays today: "Yamaguchi prefecture is a big and international town that is Sea Southside and Mountain Northside. Yamaguchi it all has!!!"

(P.S. I think the "big and international town" is hilarious....because they took that right off of my example about a REAL big city, Fukuoka. Calling anywhere in Yamaguchi a "big and international" place is like saying Las Vegas is boring, unloved, and unfrequented. But kinda opposite. lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment