Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Mundane Stuff

So basically, I'm still just living life here. There are a lot of day to day things that haven't been getting much glory on this blog...and its probably better that way... But here are a few things that I thought of in my day, today alone. (If I were to include the small and quasi-interesting bits of my life from, lets say, yesterday too...this might get a bit too long...like how I am learning Japanese sign language for my 3rd teaching gig).

Mundane tidbit #1--Every morning I wake up. Well obviously. Many times I make myself a cup of coffee. I need to buy a new coffee maker. So for now, I boil water and then use it to pour some instant coffee. In theory I pour the water over the instant coffee. I add a little milk, little sugar, and enjoy! In reality, no matter how early I get up, the coffee never gets drank. drunken. whatever. Its always poured but never drank. Its always poured but never drank. I'm already done with an entire bottle of instant coffee, and not once have I finished a cup in the morning! I am very annoyed at myself. I pour, but I have to wait for it to cool. And it goes on cooling all day long. I woke up 10 minutes early to drink coffee today! Somehow it took me 10 extra minutes to straighten my hair today...

#2--The 2nd school that I teach at.. Like I mentioned before, its hard to get there. I have to ride to the train station, get on the train, and then walk from the train to the school. Its tiring. Even though I only have 1 class on Wed...there is no going home early or anything, because I have English club after school, until 5:00p. That is one full day. To make it to school on time I take a 7:08a train. So my real point to #2 is: I have loads of free time...to do nothing, and NO TIME to do important things. What I mean is that I've had these postcards to send out for weeks now, but I can never find time to get to the post office. Throughout the work days, all I have is time-but it is expected that I look busy. Lesson planning through 2015. Studying Japanese. Cutting construction paper (no real purpose necessary...the act of cutting is very well regarded). Its just so annoying to have sooooo much time on your hands, but not be able to do what you need to do.

#3--They changed "ladies day" at the theatre to Mondays. It was Wednesdays, so today I went to go see a Japanese movie by myself--which by the way confused the heck out of the ticket seller--and it came out to 1800 Yen! I was able to figure out that "Getsuyoobi" is the new 1000 Yen day. I still wanted to see it, but I can save myself 8 bucks and see it Monday... Sexy Toshiaki Kawasawa and his crazy world-saving gang can wait a few days.


And this picture is not from today...It was my lunch on Monday. Just wanted to throw a pic in, so its not just "ya-kitty yack yack" only... :) As you can see, its Octopus, inside these little donut thingies. Topped with dried fish, some green stuff, and OF COURSE Mayonnaise. Freaking Japanese and their Mayo. (You should have seen the look of horror the McDonalds lady gave me when I was very clear I wanted no mayo on my burger. You should also see how many food items get a splash of mayo, for no reason whatsoever. Sushi? Mayo. Noodles? Mayo. Pizza? Mayo. Octopus balls-check!)

No comments:

Post a Comment