Thursday, September 10, 2009

5 random pics

Hello! So here's my post for today. Just some pictures basically. Not new and hip, but a few days old. :)

But to give you a taste of today... for reals' two separate students at two different times at two different spots in the city.... Greeted me like this today:

[stared at me intently...making sure they have my attention....and instead of giving the normal "HELLO" or "I AM FINE" (haha.. they really greet with I am fine sometimes) they say]:

A RU NO DO SU WA JIN E GA RU

Which for those of you who don't speak Engrish means: Arnold Schwarzenegger.

I get greeted with "Arnold Schwarzenegger" rather than hello! All my students know I'm from California... :)

Moving on...












Here's me and my supervisor at this school. Like the size of my snow-cone? Celebrity treatment I'm telling you. :)






















This was a picture I took at the cultural festival at my 2nd school. And I can use it without worrying because it doesn't show the students face!!! Notice how I never actually name my schools either. No using school's names, kids names or anything like that online. Anyways, this is one of my favorite pictures out of all the pictures I've taken here. I only intended it to be Kholo in the picture (blue shirt guy...ALT/JET in a neighboring city)..but the kid saw what I was going for, and without any words, he got in the picture...and then left. No words were exchanged. It was just an understanding. haha.






I'm not sure if I included this in my previous post..but after the culture festival last Saturday, we all came back to my apt in Hofu and had a lot of fun! I pulled all my little futons into the living room with the air on full blast, and it was still steaming hot! These two are my friends Hozumi and Ryan. Hozumi may very well be the nicest person I've ever met. Sorry whoever just got bumped to number 2.








This was from bowling this past Sunday. The bowling in Japan is just like the bowling in America, except for some reason I am a worse player here. But the drink holders and the winners! (my team!). The non-drink holders had to buy us the drinks :)







1 comment: