Saturday, September 19, 2009

Enkai


Here are a few pictures from my Enkai, or welcome party, that was thrown for me by the Japanese Teachers of English at my base school:

Above: the end of the night. Empty table, empty glasses: Time to go home and go to sleep!

Above: This is not even all the food we had. Many dishes had to be put on the table next to us, because there was just too much. It was really really delicious! We celebrated at a Korean restaurant called Mana. And it was actually owned by a Korean! I was excited to able to use a little of my Korean, and impress the cook and my co-workers. :)

The lady sitting the right of me is my supervisor. She is so nice and funny. Her English is as close to perfect as it comes, which is a big plus. Not every ALT (assistant language teacher) gets a supervisor that they can easily communicate with. They are all really cool people. I sit next to the guy on the far back on the right side of the picture, and his English is great too, and we both enjoy video games and such, so there is always lots to talk about.


Kon-pai! Enkai's are always all you can drink. Yay for that!~ So it was $50 per person, but I think it was well worth it for us. Even without the all-you-can-drink, I ate at least $50 of the most delicious food I've had here.

P.S. I think it was extra fun because I taught them about Truth-or-Dare. 6 adults, all WORK colleagues.. Playing that. It was fun. But I can't talk about it. We all pinky-swore. :) Don't worry, nothing immoral or anything. Unless you count a bit of workplace gossip. ...

No comments:

Post a Comment