Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Re-contracting

So I re-contracted for another year. I will now be in Japan until July 2011.


For some reason, I imagine that my supervisor could tell that it wasn't the happiest decision that I've ever made...


I would like to thank everyone who came to my "Going Away Party Number 2!" on New Years Day (When I was visiting home), and contributed to my giant list of Pros and Cons about re-contracting.


(I had two big big sheets of paper, and a few sharpies-- to have the important people in my life make the decision for me.)


Well, quite honestly I don't know if you guys swung to the pros or cons side at all (I was a little hungover...) BUT Thanks anyways.


Its only been 24 days since I was forced to make the decision, and if I could retract that decision right now, I would. But I can't. And I must have decided that way for a reason. So I'm going to make the best of it.


Best of it:

-I still have a lot to see, and a lot of places I can travel.
-I have a steady, decent job, with no (very little) chance of being laid off.
-I have a massive amount of books that are here and I can read.
-My supervisor is freaking awesome.
-I probably wouldn't have the resources to live alone at home...but here I can walk around naked to my hearts content.
-After one more round of weather here, I will never complain about California weather again.
-I (very generally) enjoy teaching (generally, sometimes).
-Skype and facebook are still free.
-I've discovered tea, and I still have my PS3!

drumroll
#1- only 517 days until I'm really happy.

1 comment:

  1. Bittersweet, I take it. Looking forward to your blog posts, though! Maybe I'll be able to visit before July 2011 :-)

    ReplyDelete