Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Food

I have gotten more use to the food here. A little. This was my lunch a little while ago. I wanted to take a picture of today's lunch, because it was so incredibly bad...but I didn't have an opportunity.

This is a pretty standard lunch. The cold calamari rings with no breading. The sour pear salad with raisins. Some Japanese curry. I don't know what's hiding under that package. The rice tasted like the calamari. And the yummy thing was the chicken, which is why there is only one small piece. :)
Today though, was my worst kind of terror---Oden. Here, check out the horror, and make sure you look at the delicious pictures on the right: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oden .

There. Now you know all you need to know about Japanese food. Its not all sushi and ramen. :) Anyways, I said I was getting more use to it now, so I'm not so much complaining. Besides, I have a years supply of "Del Scorcho" (thank you mom and dad!) and I always keep some in my purse for emergency. Today was an emergency. Having not eaten for 24 hours, I had to eat my Oden, spiced up with Scorching goodness.

And lastly, check out below what was in that mysterious package with my lunch last week:

Life doesn't get much better than this!

No comments:

Post a Comment