Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Beauty! The Beauty!

There are so many terrible things in the world. So so so many terrible things. But all my emotion over tragic events (Haiti) can not do much. I don't even have $10 to give to relief efforts right now. If you are reading this, and you can, please do.

All I can do is testify to you that THERE IS beauty all around. I'm sorry to any of you who had had to listen to me complain and cry and be bitter about this situation, or that. Because we all have it good. Anyone reading this has it good.


I was so amazed when I saw this branch. I'm sure some of my students snickered when they walked past me pulling out my camera. But I don't care if I saw this every day....I would still be amazed.

Above: Wednesday morning seemed especially cold, even with my heaters blaring. I swung the curtains back and pulled the sliding door open, to reveal this scene.



"You're not ordinary. You're not small. You're not anything normal at all. You're exquisitely extraordinary,... you're fabulously fine... mine. You're not overly serious. You're not cold... You're exquisitely extraordinary,.. you're fabulously fine. Mine. You're so real.
-- All India Radio's "Morning Drops" off their album Fall.

Fight to find the beauty. Don't let one second of life point you towards breathing Kurtz's last words, in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment