Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Thanksgiving


This was November 27th. Monica was cool (like always!) and threw a Potluck, hang out party. It turned into, for most of us, our only Thanksgiving solace. There was so much delicious food! Monica made hummus, pie, and I'm sure lots of other good stuff that I can't remember because I'm such a late blogger. I know there were real chips there (Thanks to whoever made it to Costco!) There was a ton of good food. Mathieu one of us French Canadian JETs is a great cook, and he showed up! Yay! Anyways, it was really fun.

We cleaned up a bit, and then went to Round One....kind of like a Dave and Busters. Hofu definitely has nothing like Round One. All of this went down in Shimonoseki, Japan... About a one hour train ride from me? No, lets make this exact. Hyperdia.com tells me.... Oh, an even 90 minutes with no transfer. And 1450 Yen (like 16, 17 bucks?). Anyways, I digress.





A crazy alien guy guards the entrance-way to Round One. Sorry to anyone who knows who he is, and hates me for saying "crazy alien guy". I don't know. I'm not that cool.












We went bowling there. This is a picture from when I got a strike (my only!) on the one frame of the night where the whole bowling alley had a simultaneous "Who can get a strike?" frame. The lights went low. The music got crazy. And I got a strike!

And apparently my friend Michael was more enthused than me! Although I look pretty enthused too! :)




But alas... All good things must come to an end...












...To make way for DANCE DANCE! I haven't played dance dance in so long...but its like riding a bike. Skill-wise. Not out-of-shape- and-decade -older-wise.














And then we went back to Monica's house to play Monopoly. Until past 3 in the morning. I want to quote from a genious episode of "How I Met Your Mother".

"Nothing good ever happens after 2a.m."

Yeah, think about it. So true. I was up against these jolly gentlemen.

haha

***note to self--next time you play a serious game of monopoly--bring a notebook. Too many backdoor deals I couldn't keep track of. Who had immunity on what space, etc. OR just don't allow immunity or favors or ANYTHING like that. It may seem like a good idea at the time...but buying a property off of someone else in exchange for absurd amounts of money AND immunity on the space IS NOT WORTH IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment