Sunday, December 13, 2009

Kyoto Trip Part 2


Here's Monica and I up near Kiyomizudera, I think. If you showed me a map of Kyoto, I could definitely point out all the places we went, but all the Japanese names...Its hard for me to list them in my mind!

All beautiful places though!






We saw a good handful of Geisha during our long Kyoto-fest. Unfortunately we don't know how many were real Geisha. Now-a-days, you can pay money to have someone Geisha-fy you. I think I heard that there are only about 100 real Geisha left in Kyoto. Dying art.









This is up around a famous Aqueduct on the Eastern mountainside of Kyoto. We tried to see the main part of the aqueduct, but just got distracted by beautiful hiking and waterfalls and PEACE. I mean, the higher we climbed, the less tourists were bumping into us.













Here, we are under a piece of the legendary aqueduct. It took a long time to take this picture because lots of people want to walk by. After another family saw us taking this picture, they did an even cooler one! One person per tunnel-thing. And I took it upon myself to stop traffic for them, so they could get their cool picture!












Every time I see this picture, all I can think of is ... "The Zombies are Coming!!!!!"













This was near Tenryu-Ji Zen Temple. Around this area on the West mountainsides of Kyoto...there was a plethora of cool things! Each one of these statues had a different facial expression, different action, different purpose. Monica, Chris and I each had our favorite stone budda-man. :)

Also around this Sogenchi Garden area, is the famous "Bamboo Forest" which we saw. Unfortunately by the time we got to teh bamboo forest, my cell phone and camera died, so I don't have any pictures from there. But I'll put some up if Monica or Chris send me one! :)









This is Kyoto Daigakku! Kyoto University area was really cool. We went to that area in search of a Falafel House. Which we found and it was SUCCESS! Food is always a big part of any trip I take outside of Yamaguchi-Ken. One can only eat so many bags of Ramen.












This was our last day in Kyoto. We hiked around in the morning before taking a 3:30p.m. Shinkansen back home..In order to be at work bright and early the next morning!












Goodbye Kyoto!!

No comments:

Post a Comment