Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Trust

(+1) for Japan! There is a high amount of trust here, and for good reason. Crime is low. People just generally don't steal (although there IS some question to what's going on with Christina's camera).

This is a picture of my school hallway. Everyone was in the gym for some 30 minute assembly on the importance of not using a cell-phone in school. I was just baffled by seeing everyone's personal belongings-valuables included, strewn about the hallway. I used to laugh with others about Canadians not locking their doors. Now, I have turned Canadian/Japanese. I only lock my door if I'll be out all day.

I mean, if I ever had anything stolen, it would be the story of the century. I almost invite people to steal my stuff. I've leave my belongings in my unlocked bike when I go on a quick shopping spree. I could go on. But, I'll just leave it at: Japan is cool. ...Well, rural Japan is cool. (I don't even want to think about my stolen money in Tokyo!)

Lock your doors people! Or move here.

No comments:

Post a Comment