Sunday, July 24, 2011

Official Leaver's Ceremony

Once upon a time, on July 8th, 2011, it was time for the Prefecture of Yamaguchi, Japan, to officially let me go. ...

As a JET teacher, I am employed by Japan, not by a private company. I always thought that was the coolest part of my job. :) So ending our contracts is a pretty big thing. Very formal, and Japanese style. Here is a view from the prefectural office's 14th floor. Yamaguchi city is the capital of Yamaguchi, and here I was, looking out on it all. So beautiful. !!



I've always meant to count the number of bows in a typical Japanese ceremony, but I never actually did...and I have exactly zero ceremonies left. I'm done. I'm out. I am going to work for 2 more days, but everything big is done, and it's time for me to get on with my life. The future is pretty exciting, I must say.






I received this, along with some other paperwork, and then the traditional gift that people get when leaving Yamaguchi. I can't put a picture of mine up, because I already sent my two sets home (one from Yamaguchi Prefecture, and one from a private adult class I teach, that had the same idea.) But click here to see the gift: Traditional folk handicraft, Ouchi Dolls . Made in Yamaguchi! Yay!!











Here's all the prefectual JETs that are leaving. We all either stayed here for 1, 2 or 3 years. I'm right in the middle, length-of-stay wise.

Our gang sign is Yamaguchi--- 山口!

1 comment:

  1. You're pretty damn impressive. Didn't know you had a blog (I rarely look at people's info on FB). I've been looking at this for 30 minutes now. So cool!

    ReplyDelete