Sunday, June 19, 2011

Miyajima

Miyajima Island. What a great place! It is near Hiroshima, and from me is about an hour and a half away by train. And it took me almost two years of living here to ever go! The first time I went was with my sister, when she visited me. Now I've been there twice, and want to go again. Who shall I take? :)

We took the ferry from the train station, over to the island. It is a nice 10 minute ferry ride. Here is a map of the island, which a nice statue of a deer marking the location. ...well, so I thought until well after I took the picture, and found out that it was a real deer. :D He's just standing there for photo opportunities I suppose.


The island is very famous for it's many shrines, and for it's deer and for some special foods. But of course, my sister and I just wanted to stick our faces in the wooden tourist photo thingie. What are these called? There must be a name for them.





All the deer everywhere freaked me out, but my sister has no fear. They all seem to be trained so well. Most of the stores are just completely airy and open, but no deer ever went inside.






This guy is feeding them. Not really allowed, but you know there are always the people that don't care about the warnings or signs. Made for a very cute picture at least.






The oysters there were the most glorious things that I have ever eaten. They were so huge, savory and delicious. This picture reminds me of inception. hehe. It's low tide now, and I saw it both ways, when the tide comes up, it is beautiful. The picture below would be to the left of the camera lense on the picture above. And to the right of the camera lense above is a floating shrine. Well, at least it is called a floating shrine. It has bases. All your base are belong to us. ;)

I should put up more pictures. It's such a beautiful place. Just google Miyajima, and you can see what I mean. Hope you all are having a lovely day.

No comments:

Post a Comment