Friday, April 29, 2011

Jenny's Visit 3

Hey! Back again (life is busy). Tomorrow I am going to Kagoshima, Japan. And on Sunday morning I am leaving for Yakushima. Yakushima is a place I have been dying to go to since day one here. Check out this blog about it: click.

But back to Jenny's visit. Like I said, we went hiking around the famous mountainous area called Arashiyama, in Kyoto Japan.
It was beautiful. But even up in the mountains we found vending machines. :)

Nice sunset after hitting up the International Manga Museum.

We took the train from Kyoto to Osaka for dinner. Jenny tried real Osaka-style okonomiyaki. I guess you can call it a hearty Japanese pancake. There is Osaka style and Hiroshima style. They compete. Jenny later tried Hiroshima style, but she couldn't tell which one she liked better because she disliked them both. I too hated Okonomiyaki when I first came to Japan. But now I love and crave it.

And back to Hofu we go!!

We had a hanami party in honor of my sister being in town. But it was still cold, and even rainy...so we set up our hanami time under a ...thing. The Sakura hadn't bloomed yet, and it was pretty cold to enjoy the day, but we did it!






Hanami parties are always potluck style. Japanese strawberries are the best. I never want to eat an American strawberry again. No flavor!!







It was fun! I'm happy all my friends came for my sister. And then they came again for when Kyle visited me in Japan! People just like to hanami though....





Now, I gotta pack more for Yakushima.

Y A K U S H I M A ! ! ! !

No comments:

Post a Comment