Monday, April 11, 2011

English Camp

One thing that I am really going to miss about my job is English camp!



I know it's been a while, but I just wanted to say how fun these two days are. My school has English camp during the second week in December every year. It takes a lot of planning, which I am a major part of. It's a pretty stressful time of life, there in early December...but it was well worth it. I am expected to plan everything except the actual schedule. For example: all the group games. I am to coordinate with the other invited ALTs on what activities we will do, etc.

Well, no more.

Sigh, while I get sad about me leaving.





I think Christina is going over scoring for our speech and recitation contest at the camp. I had to recuse myself from scoring and judge discussion because I am the teacher of all these kids...but it was tough! (Oh, I guess I can't say "these" kids because I can't put photos of them up..... the kids. The awesome kids you can't see... )












This year's after camp Enkai was very very cool! We ate at my favorite Korean restaurant (Mana) and all the ALTs and Japanese teachers of English bonded, playing truth and dare, amongst other things. You always gotta love not-quite-professional truth and dare!

I hope whomever my successor is has a fun time with English camp, and does a great job with it! I have spies (Brent, Christina and Erez will all still be around for the next Hofu English camp).

No comments:

Post a Comment