Monday, October 11, 2010

Sports Day

Hey Ya'll. I hear its Columbus Day over there! Happy day off for most of you!

Over here, its "Sports Day".

This picture is from my school's Sports Day a few weeks ago. Today, I'm not sure exactly how Japanese celebrate the official "Sports Day". Probably like Columbus Day. Just a nice Monday off.

At my school's Sports Day, I managed to get in on a game of volleyball. Before I managed that, it was TORTURE to be able to watch and not play. I'm so happy that I whined enough to get in on one game. :)

All the girls had to choose between volleyball and dodgeball, and all the boys had to choose between soccer and basketball. It was mildly annoying, thinking about the sexism of that. But I guess America has boys teams and girls teams too. And probably most of the girls wouldn't want to play basketball. But what about the ones that do?????

One of the reasons that it was such torture is because......man, they just could not play. There were only 2 teams out of about 10 for volleyball that even seemed to try. Americans are definitely more competitive. I've never seen a volleyball game with such little movement, volley action, or noise.

Can't wait to play volleyball myself again! I'll be playing with church people later this month...and let me tell you.... Mormons really know about being awesomely competitive!!!! :)

Happy Sports Day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment