Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Sad Day, Happy Day


So, this is still day 4, but not the graduation part. After graduation Porschla (my replacement who is SUPER COOL), Andy (the private ALT that works at Hofu Shogyo) and I went out for lunch. We ended up at Ramen, so I thought I'd just have to eat rice and have a beer...but this ramen shop was able to substitute the soup base for a dashi-base (fish base--I don't eat pork and stay away from land based animals...)
I was so excited, and it was so yummy!!



Then we had to meet Christina at the station (Hofu Station) at 12:30 because she was off to New York!!!!! You guys don't understand how terrible this is! I am staying at her place now, and it's so lonely without her. She's my bestie in Japan and I only got a few days with her! She is in New York now for medical school interviews. I hope you get your top choice Christina!!! You are wonderful!

After seeing Christina off, Porschla and I went back to Hofu Shogyo to talk to as many students as we could. It was great. :) Everyone was so interested in my new boyfriend. :) It has been demanded that I bring him back to Japan with me soon. Okay! Done!


In the evening, I went to Hofu Shogyo's Graduation Enkai. I felt so honored to be invited. It's only for teachers, but they invited this former teacher and I had the most amazing time ever! It was honestly the most fun enkai I've ever attended. The food was still strange (see below) but it was different somehow. Maybe because I'm not a teacher anymore, I didn't mind being more personal with the teachers. Asking questions I never would have asked before. Finding out all the gossip. It was great. :)


Everyone had a great time. The game of the night was a mini-laughing championship. Because I am the 2009 laughing champion (See here for information) they asked me to demonstrate the way of the laugh in front of all the teachers. No warning. Just show them. haha. I am always game. Besides that I just had a great time eating, drinking and being merry. With a lot of Japanese people. :D


I was also happy to be invited to the nijikai (the second party) which sometimes is secretive. Secretive because often the men break off into a seedy location and the women go home. This time it was a non-seedy (mostly) location that 15 of us went to. :) One of the many Lupan's of the city, where you can karaoke and have light snacks and drinks.

It was a crazy night. I won at darts (yeah!!). I Karaoke'd but more importantly watched my old co-workers go at it CRAZY style! They are so fun! Shigemoto sensei seemed like he was on crack with his tambourine hitting, and there was even a little throwing up from he who shall not be named. :) I love my school. My old school. Waaaaaa! I'm applying for JET when I become eligible again in 2 years! Hofu, I'm requesting you! :)



Lastly, here is the video of when I was asked to say a few words without warning. Hehe. I didn't know what to do, so I put the phone down and so most of the video is looking at the ceiling. But you can hear me. When the crowd goes crazy at the end, it's because I made a heart shaped gesture. Happy Hofu days! Bye bye!

1 comment: