Friday, March 2, 2012

Homebody

My third day here was a beautiful Wednesday. I mention that because after Wednesday the weather changed and it is rainy and cold and gross now. I mean, it was still cold on Wednesday, but it was bright and cheery. Anyways...the cold.... I mean anyways, day 3. :)

I did a lot of homework. Or tried to. It's hard when there is Facebook to peruse and pictures to upload etc etc. But got some work done. I decided to get out of the house because it was such a beautiful day. I did some shopping. I was going to bring my computer over to Cafe Glebe to do homework on their wi-fi and drink some delicious coffee. But I found out that Glebe is closed on Wednesdays, so I stopped at the conbini on the way home. I love conbini's. The picture to the right just warms my soul. I miss onigiri (the triangle things that is rice filled with various things like tuna, or seaweed, or whatever).


I also got Oden. Oden is something that I never thought I would try, and then when I did try it, I hated it. But it, like many things in Japan, grew on me. One thing that turned me off is that it is a soup that is just served from these big vats. I felt like people could come cough on it or something. I guess they could, but this is Japan...I think people respect the zone of the Oden vat. :) It was very good to chop on a cold winter day. Read more about Oden here: click.







In the evening I accompanied Christina to her adult English conversation class. I used to teach this class, and I wanted to surprise them. They were surprised and excited. I gave them all American candy, and updated them on my life. They were suppose to update me on theirs, but they were maybe too shocked to see me back in Hofu, and couldn't think of what to tell me. I miss this class. My good friends Gretchen and Anna used to teach the same class. They always mention how much they miss this class, years later. Must mean that these are some cool people. :)

When I left UNESCO, I went straight to Jennie's place for some natsukashii time (...like...nostalgia time)!!! Jennie made a beautiful dinner, and we watched the newest Christmas episode of Doctor Who together. I liked it a lot. I think I was suppose to wait, to watch it with them, so I kind of kept it on the down low that I already watched it with my boyfriend. :) I cried just as much the second time. The Christmas episodes are always super corny, but it was good. All of you who know me well know that I don't like Christmas episodes of ANYTHING, but I can at least handle the doctor.
It was a really great day. It feels so good to be back in Hofu. I will be fine going home again as long as I can take Jennie and Yoko with me! Okay guys? And Christina. And Steph. Uh-oh, this list could get long. :) Bye bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment