Thursday, March 1, 2012

"It's 2 in the morning, eeerybodys getting freaky"

Okay, no one is getting freaky. Catchy song though. LOL. It was playing in a restaurant I ate in today...

Day 2....

I had a great great great 2nd day on my trip. Did a lot of homework. Not nearly enough. I'm going to be hurtin' for certain when it is all due this Sunday. But I do love the credentialing program I'm in....CalStateTEACH through Cal State Fullerton. If you are interested in teaching, you should check it out. Anyways, boring homework aside, I had lunch with Porschla and Christina at Karubi Yakiniku. 懐かしい!



In the evening, I went with Sarah, Christina and Noriko to the onsen. The Onsen at Aio beach is very nice. I think I've been there four times now. Onsen's are like hot springs baths. You have to scrub off very well before going in, and even the scrubbing part is in a wide open shower area. I've always wanted to sit naked on a bucket in front of a half a dozen old Japanese ladies... heheh. It took me a long while to get used to the concept of Onsens, but going to the onsen is one of the things I miss most about Japan. It's so relaxing, and there is something special about it that I can't put my finger on.

Read more about onsens here: click



Yoko, Christina and I did a little karaoking on Tuesday evening. Where in America can you pay fifteen dollars for unlimited karaoke time in a private room with all-you-can-drink included??? Sometimes Japan is just marvelous. Although I don't really believe in 飲み放題 anymore...too dangerous. All you can drink should only be like a once in a lifetime thing.... ;O










It was a lot of fun, even though Christina didn't want to hear me sing Mandy Moore (lolol) and I heard enough Funky Monkey Babies to last me 5 lifetimes. :D

I love you guys!

See you for updates on my day 3!



No comments:

Post a Comment