Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Potluck!

Hey there! Okay, I know you are getting tired of hearing this. But one last time....I have such a backup of things that I want to share with all of you! Before, I had mostly just been going from back to forward. But that doesn't work, because many times things are fresh in my head, and I can't wait over a month to blog about!!! So here, is a "long time ago" blog, and I think I'm going to try to go back to front, front to back, back to front, etc, etc... but of course with exceptions. :) Okay. So now that that is settled....

I think it was October 1st. Lots of us JETs held a POTLUCK at Eric's house. I would like to pop in that I was in the group of the few (5 of us?) people who were around during the original conception of the idea. :P .

I made potato salad. I liked it a lot, but it definitely wasn't the most popular food at the Potluck. I'd like to say, that my mom's potato salad would SMASH everyone else's work. But this was my first time attempting it by myself, and I overcooked the potatoes. Plus Japanese mayonnaise and such is ...um.... "different". Plus, its much better fresh, and I had to make it at least 24 hours in advance because of my school schedule, etc. But... I also need to thank Anna for giving me the yellow mustard that doesn't exist in Japan.






Here is Steve. Cool guy, Cool guy! He is making his "7 layer dip"... although it was 4 or 5 layers..it was amazing! Of course it helped that some saviors made the 2 or 3 hour drive to go to COSTCO in Fukuoka to go buy tortilla chips.












Here, me and Hozumi are eating LASAGNA!! Lasagna made in two big glass bowls. Money. Money~!













We are all getting full. Full off of TACOS, Pecan Pie, Real Cheesecake, etc, etc!!!!!~!













All full and happy... Too bad that in the morning we have "Kencho". Kencho means "prefectural office". Basically, whenever all us JETs have Kencho, it means that we have a meeting thats going to be all day, in a "prefectural office". You get my flow??? :) I liked this Kencho though. Our guest speakers, I feel, really helped me in my everyday working job. Too hard to explain fully.










But that is why we chose to make the Potluck on Oct. 1st...so we could all stay up late, spend the night in the couple of apartments close to Kencho, and get up and go together in the morning.












And after Kencho...One more great night. We went out for "nomihodai" Which means "all you can drink". I think this all you can drink was 2500 Yen, or like 28 dollars. Who of my American friends wouldn't pay 28 dollars for 2 hours of all you can drink??? There was also lots of good food! I didn't get a good picture of the group, but there are almost 30 of us here. :)

Lots of people spent the night one more time, but I had a school festival in the morning, so I made sure *(involved a little running) to make the 10:08pm train home, so I could get up and be a jolly teacher on a Saturday morning. BTW, being a jolly teacher meant buying too many flowers and fruit and stuff front my students. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment