Thursday, February 24, 2011

Tokotoko Train


Time is moving by too quickly. I love Japan. I wish I could stay here foooooooooooooooorever. And this day, back in late autumn is one of the reasons for that feeling.

Me and my friend Kris climbed in a train, and headed to a place we had never been.

We got to a place up in the mountains called Nishiki-cho. I wanna say that means West-tree village...but I'd definitely be wrong. Hehe. Freaking same words-different kanji. Japanese is hard.

So, its a somewhat famous expedition that many people go on. They get to Nishiki-cho and stare into the mouth of the darkness (right).

A "train" (looks like a disneyland tram) comes and picks you up and takes you through this tunnel, to the next stop: Souzukyo Onsen.



I was a bit scared at first. I felt like I was in Isaac Asimov's "Tunnel of Terror". I am a bit afraid of the dark. Trying to get myself used to it still.

Anyways, the whole tunnel wasn't dark. The tunnel is famous for what you can see here (left).

It's full of glow-in-the-dark murals!!!

The floor was florescent sparkly gold. It was pretty awesome. The best part is the tram car that we had to share with a grandma, grandpa and the cutest kid in the world, Kento, who has an American mom. I love when American women marry Japanese guys. :) It's just so often the other way.





When we got to Souzukyo Onsen, we hiked around for a few hours, before finally heading back. But how can one want to leave this? And this is just fall....... Next month I'll be able to start posting blogs on SPRING.

Spring in Japan is the best thing that exists in the universe.























More hikes (well, scenic walks...) Kris!!!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment