Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Yamaguchi Baseball

I guess its that time of year! I'm not a sports person, so I don't know about what season is what, or what team goes with what sport, etc.

But it was definitely baseball time recently!

As far as I can tell, all the high school's baseball teams had a big tournament. I attended my school's first (and only) game on my day off! Ok, well, technically I used it as an excuse to get a free bus-ride to the side of my prefecture that serves Mexican food...


I really enjoyed the game! It was a really hot day, but the kids worked so hard! My school lost, but to be fair, they lost to the team that went on to win the whole championship! Its like Scotland going against Spain in the world cup-game one. Or something like that. :/ maybe?







Apparently the champion team gets to play in an all-Japan tournament, and that is where the scouts are. I think our team was awesome, and deserves a chance to prove themselves to a scout or two. I'm very sad.






The cheering was amazing. Much more organized cheering than I'm used to in America. But our cheerleaders need a wardrobe overhaul... At least we have cheerleaders! The winning team was an all boys school---so they had cheer leaders in white gloves doing cool hand routines.

Go -insert my school's name here- !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment: