Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Leavers

Its that time of year. Almost a year ago today, I embarked on a journey across the world! And then decided to stay... There are many other people who were either "termed out" or just decided to go home. And I will miss them so much!!! I really really will.


We had a beachside BBQ up in Hagi to celebrate our time here, and say goodbye!

I was one of the three people that just stuck to BBQ'ing the whole time. I wasn't going to swim, after the whole jellyfish incident a few weeks back!




The BBQ was great, and I want to thank everyone who helped organize it!

Hagi is a beautiful city, and it was my first time there. It is very out of the way for most people in Yamaguchi, so I'm glad I had a reason to force myself to make the trip.

We had end of the year awards. We voted for people in categories such as "The Alcoholic" and "The Slacker" and "Worst Japanese". Luckily, I was voted "Most Dedicated"!!! I was actually very happy! But next year, I will be hugging Mike for "Biggest Nerd!" Its not a category yet, but I'm going to start lobbying for it to be, soon.


Fireworks on the beach were awesome.



Of course, no ALT gathering would be complete without an ambulance! During a game of Dodgeball, two of our bravest went down. One even got a surgery out of it! (hand surgery) Luckily, I was nowhere near that ball-o-death.





The after-party involved some Brittney, Michael Jackson, M.I.A., etc. :D

Monica, Brooke, Whitney, Callie, Matt, Sophie, Mathieu, Mack!, Cyndi, Tiff, Alex, Charles, Tim and just freaking everyone that will not be here soon..... Farewell! I will miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment