Monday, June 7, 2010

Blood is thicker than water



Just a quick tidbit on some more Japanese culture...

You know how Americans use zodiac signs? I'm sure most people actually don't believe in that stuff... but it is widely known about, and I'll still get excited to find out someone is an Aries (like me!)

Well, in Japan, it seems that the equivalent is blood type. Everyone here knows their blood type. I'm sure that I'm suppose to know my blood type? If my parents both have the same type, I should too right? Well I don't really know, and that makes anyone who asks me my blood type here gape in horror.

Here are some recent self-intro essays that were turned into me:

"I like curry and rice. don't like a
liver. My favorite subjects is the fine arts. I am very weak in P.E.
I have type A blood. My birthday is ..."

and

"my name is .... My blood is A type. My hobby is talking with my
friends and playing with my friends and singing songs and so on

and

"my name is ... my birthday is ... I am seventeen ears old. My blood
type is O. I am member of the volleyball team."

I just think its funny...I can't imagine ever introducing myself with my blood type! But I guess I can see how I might put "Aries" in my introduction, so its the same, right? :D

Of course I don't know what characteristics are associated with each blood type....yet. But I am slowly turning Japanese (learning little by little), so maybe later I shall share.

No comments:

Post a Comment