Monday, October 12, 2009

Fukuoka pt 2

How have I lived without Vietnamese food for 2 months??? I knew that one day, there would be a reunion, like this. The cook was really Vietnamese, we talked a little bit.


Vietnamese food!!!!!!!!!





I'm sad that I didn't go to the Vietnam fair in Fukuoka! I should have gone, since I had a three day weekend this weekend... I had actually forgotten about it until I sat down to do this blog. Goes to show, I need to blog faster, and not get so many weeks behind...















Have you ever seen Red Heineken before? I haven't. They were expensive expensive because we were in this themed British pub, there in Fukuoka. Why can't Hofu have a British pub? haha. I mean, Hofu is a big city. 120,000 people, and no British pub. :) I guess its better that there is not, or I'd be sitting around drinking Red Heineken all the time.

After hanging at this pub, we went over to a cool nightclub where there were lots of friendly people. It was primarily an English speaking nightclub, but there were many locals there that spoke English. There met some JETs there that I hadn't seen since Tokyo orientation in July, so it was like a random little reunion, that made me very happy!








Anna and I found the Hard Rock cafe, after a very confusing ordeal, about which bus to get on. But we made it, and enjoyed a very good lunch. Burger, French Fries, Nachos and Heineken. This was, btw, the first time in Japan that I was able to order a pitcher. Japan just doesn't have pitchers. Which is sad when you just wanna go out with your friends, and share a pitcher. Feel my pain? ;)










So for me, one of the main reasons I wanted to take a trip to Fukuoka was for food. I like most Japanese food. But I am use to eating different kinds of food every day. Mom says "what do you feel like?" and I could say "oh, Mexican, Greek, or Thai". Gone are those days. So being frustrated with the availability of food here, led me to be crazy enough to spend 1800 Yen on a Hamburger. But, in all honesty it was worth the 20 bucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment